The NSLA Conference Bursary provides financial assistance to a library staff person who is in need of assistance to attend the NSLA annual conference.
– Applicant must not have attended the conference in the last two years
– Applicant must send a letter outlining his/her need
– Applicant must be a library staff person and a current member of NSLA
– All applications must be received by August 15
– Send applications to <http://www.privatedaddy.com?q=al9FTjdvRGF8FT1ZXHxHCRNsdipADwwMB1dPYVY-3D_19>
If you’ve never been to an NSLA conference before, or haven’t attended in quite some time, this is a great year to come – we hope to see you there!
Every year NSLA is pleased to present the Norman Horrocks Award for Library Leadership at the annual conference. If you have someone in mind, now is the time for you to submit nominations!
The Norman Horrocks Award for Library Leadership was established to honor leadership in the Nova Scotia Library community and is given by NSLA for distinguished contributions to the promotion and development of library service in Nova Scotia. Those contributions should be of lasting significance and may be for leadership of various kinds ranging from local projects to those of provincial scope, and may cover any type of library activity.
– Nominations must include nominee name, address, telephone, fax and e-mail address, if applicable.
– Nominations must be made in writing and signed by two nominators, one of whom must be a current member of the Nova Scotia Library Association.
– Nominators are responsible for documenting the accomplishments of
the candidate and for creating a package to support the nomination.
Documentation as available and appropriate may be submitted.
– Nominations must include three letters of endorsement (which can include ones from the nominators).
– Nominations of persons previously nominated but not chosen may be resubmitted. Receipt of all submissions will be acknowledged by e-mail.
– Nominations should be sent to <http://www.privatedaddy.com?q=al9FTjdvRGF8FT1ZXHxHCRNsdipADwwMB1dPYVY-3D_19>; deadline is August 31. Please feel free to submit nominations from previous years for consideration this year.