If you want to go to Hal-Con, and represent libraries, here’s your chance!
We’re looking for an NSLA Organizational Member (OM) for Hal-Con
- 1 Vendor badge for Hal-Con (4 badges total with 2 tables)
- 3 night stay at Cambridge Suites Hotel (includes parking and breakfast)
- Hotel dates: October 24, 25, 26 (booked)
- Up to $100 for travel expenses
Duties: (A full checklist and duty sheet will be provided to the OM)
- Check with all NSLA members and regional libraries to see if they would like to send volunteer representatives. Volunteers must be members of NSLA. Institutional members may send up to 2 staff as volunteers.
- Be at Hal-Con for set-up and closure of the tables.
- Create a volunteer schedule
- Coordinate what will be featured on the library tables
- Coordinate the pass handovers that must take place outside the building.
- Coordinate contact information for volunteers
- Create content for the NSLA social media and blog (Tweets, Facebook Posts, and a short blog post after the event)
Hal-Con dates for 2019 – October 25-27
Apply with letter of interest by May 6, 2019 to :
Angela Reynolds, NSLA Public Relations and Promotions convenor