Emile Theriault Library and Information Technology Award
The Emile Theriault Library and Information Technology Award, established in 2006, recognizes the efforts of a library support staff member who has made a major contribution to their library community.
Emile Theriault was the first library support staff worker who served as president of NSLA.
Call for nominations to be issued by May 1 of any year.
Criteria for nominations as follows:
- Nominations must include nominee name, address, telephone, fax and e-mail address, if applicable.
- Nominations must be made in writing and signed by two nominators, one of whom must be a current member of the Nova Scotia Library Association.
- Nominators are responsible for documenting the accomplishments of the candidate and for creating a package to support the nomination. Documentation as available and appropriate may be submitted.
- Nominations must include two letters of endorsement (which may include ones from the nominators)
- Deadline for submissions; May 31 of any year.
- Nominations to be sent to NSLA Past-President.
- The nominee must work in a support staff capacity in a library in Nova Scotia .
- Upon closing of nominations, a committee consisting of the Past-President of NSLA, the Vice President of NSLA and one NSLA member–at-large will meet to Review submissions, ensuring that all criteria have been met. The member-at-large will be chosen by the NSLA Board of Directors on an annual basis. The Committee may recommend to the Board that the award not be awarded in any given year.
- Award recipient will receive engraved plaque and a one year membership in NSLA.
- Award to be presented by NSLA Vice-President at Annual Conference Banquet.
- Award criteria to be posted to NSLA website.
For more information, contact:
- 2018 Kenneth David
- 2017 no recipient
- 2016 Tara MacNeil
- 2015 Jean Brown
- 2014 Verna DeViller
- 2013 Bev McGee
- 2012 Margaret MacLean
- 2011 Rachel Crosby
- 2010 Janet Ness
- 2009 Darlene Barrett
- 2008 Peggy Hiscock
- 2007 Lynne LeGrow
2006 Award established