NSLA Norman Horrocks Award for Library Leadership
The Norman Horrocks Award for Library Leadership was established to honour leadership in the Nova Scotia Library community and is given by NSLA for distinguished contributions to the promotion and development of library service in Nova Scotia. Those contributions should be of lasting significance and may be for leadership of various kinds – ranging from local projects to those of provincial scope and may cover any type of library activity.
Call for Nominations to be issued by May 1 of any given year.
- Nominations must include nominee name, address, telephone, fax and email address, if applicable.
- Nominations must be made in writing and signed by two nominators, one of whom must be a current member of the Nova Scotia Library Association.
- Nominators are responsible for documenting the accomplishments of the candidate and for creating a package to support the nomination. Documentation as available and appropriate may be submitted.
- Nominations must include three letters of endorsement, which may include letters from the nominators.
- Deadline for submissions is May 31 of any given year.
- Nominations of persons previously nominated but not chosen may be resubmitted.
- Receipt of all submissions will be acknowledged by email.
- Nominations to be sent to the NSLA Past-President.
- Upon closing of nominations, a committee composed of a Committee Chairperson (the NSLA Past-President), the NSLA Vice-President and one NSLA member-at-large will meet to review submissions. The member-at-large will be chosen by the NSLA Board of Directors with first consideration given to previous recipients of Norman Horrocks Award.
- A recommendation regarding bestowing the award will be made to the NSLA Board by July 15 in any given year. It is the Committee’s prerogative to recommend to the Board that the award not be awarded in any given year.
- The award recipient will receive engraved plaque and a lifetime membership in NSLA.
- The award will be presented at the NSLA Annual Conference Banquet.
For more information, contact:
- 2018 Laura Emery
- 2017 Faye MacDougall
- 2016 Janet Pelley
- 2015 no recipient
- 2014 Frances Newman
- 2013 Fred Popowich
- 2012 Doug Vaisey
- 2011 Tracey Jones-Grant
- 2010 Charlotte Janes
- 2009 Gary Archibald
- 2008 Penny Logan
- 2007 Trudy Amirault
- 2006 Eric Stackhouse
- 2005 Marie DeYoung
- 2004 Michael Colborne