NSLA Norman Horrocks Award for Library Leadership
The Norman Horrocks Award for Library Leadership was established to honor leadership in the Nova Scotia Library community and is given by NSLA for distinguished contributions to the promotion and development of library service in Nova Scotia. Those contributions should be of lasting significance and may be for leadership of various kinds – ranging from local projects to those of provincial scope, and may cover any type of library activity.
- Nominations must include nominee name, address, telephone, fax and e-mail address, if applicable. Nominations must be made in writing and signed by two nominators, one of whom must be a current member of the Nova Scotia Library Association
- Nominators are responsible for documenting the accomplishments of the candidate and for creating a package to support the nomination. Documentation as available and appropriate may be submitted.
- Nominations must include three letters of endorsement (which can include ones from the nominators) deadline for submissions: May 31 of any year
- Nominations of persons previously nominated but not chosen may be resubmitted. Receipt of all submissions will be acknowledged by e-mail.
- Nominations to be sent to the NSLA Secretary
For 2017, applications should be submitted to:
Norman Horrocks Award Committee
405 Main Street
The composition of Norman Horrocks Award Committee shall be:
- Committee Chairperson, NSLA past-president
- NSLA vice-president
- one NSLA member-at-large, to be selected on an annual basis each March by the NSLA Board, with 1st consideration given to previous recipients of Norman Horrocks Award
The call for nominations is to be issued by March 31 each year.
Upon the closing of nominations, the committee will meet to review submissions, ensuring that all criteria have been met. A recommendation will be made to the NSLA Board regarding awarding of the NH Award by July 31 in any given year.
Award recipient will receive engraved plaque and NSLA lifetime membership.
Award to be presented by NSLA president at Annual Conference Banquet.
Award criteria to be posted to NSLA website.
- 2014 Frances Newman
- 2013 Fred Popowich
- 2012 Doug Vaisey
- 2011 Tracey Jones-Grant
- 2010 Charlotte Janes
- 2009 Gary Archibald
- 2008 Penny Logan
- 2007 Trudy Amirault
- 2006 Eric Stackhouse
- 2005 Marie DeYoung
- 2004 Michael Colborne