Libraries, Archives, Museums Nova Scotia (LAMNS) is issuing a Call for Proposals
We've extended our Proposal Deadline to Friday June 18!
We want to hear from you, and about some of the creative and innovative projects you are working on!
Please do consider submitting a proposal, we look forward to seeing your submissions….
This year’s theme is: “Moving Forward Together: Collaboration and Innovation to Meet Changing Needs”. LAMNS last joint conference, held in Halifax in 2015, was an historic event that brought the 3 partners together for the first time. “Moving Forward Together” highlights the resilience of our sectors in dealing with the realities caused by COVID-19 and the use of collaboration and innovation to meet the challenges we face. This has been a year of expedited growth and change, a year of strength and resiliency, and community collaboration from a distance.
The LAMNS Conference Planning Committee are looking for a variety of proposals and are open to any and all ideas for sessions, including:
Presentations – 25-minutes (includes 5-10 minutes for questions)
Panel Discussions – 55-minutes featuring 2-4 panelists (includes 5-15 minutes for questions)
Lightning Talks – short 5-minute presentations
All sessions will be delivered virtually, and can be delivered live or pre-recorded.
To Submit a Conference Proposal:
We are open to all ideas for presentations. Please submit your name(s), organization(s), and contact information along with:
A brief description of your session
Length of session
Preferred format of your session (ie. Live or pre-recorded)
Topics: Ideas for topics include, but are in no way limited to:
· Shifting to the virtual (digitization, programming, community outreach etc.)
· Issues of diversity, equity, inclusion, especially addressing the lives and experiences of People of Colour and immigrant communities.
· Truth and reconciliation, issues of Indigenization
· Community focused practices, community partnerships
· Serving underserved communities
· Changing demographics in Nova Scotia
· Policy shifts
· How has the COVID-19 changed the work we do? (memory keeping, changing practices, legal issues, cleaning issues, etc.)
Please send your submission to: LAMNSConference@gmail.com
Deadline: Deadline for submissions is: June 18, 2021